How to buy Lleyn Sheep
There are approximately 13 Society Sales a year held around the UK and Ireland.Â A list of these dates can be found [HERE].Â You can request Society Sale catalogues [HERE]
Why buy at Society sales?
You know what you are getting:
- Only registered true to type Lleyn sheep can be sold at these sales
- All registered rams have passed the society ram inspection and meet the breed requirements
You have the choice:
- Breeders come together in one place allowing you to compare the sheep on offer
- The price is fair as it is market value on the day set by the live auction
- The catalogue gives details of the sheep and breeders. It shows the health status, vaccination etc. enabling you to select high health status stock if required.
- The catalogue gives MA Accreditation, Scrapie Monitored details, EAE Accreditation and Organic status
MVA is taken seriously:
- BE SAFE BUY MVA Stock to protect your flock.Â The majority of stock sold through the Society sales is Maedi Visna Accredited hence giving you piece of mind.
- If you are looking to run a commercial flock alongside an MVA pedigree flock of any breed.Â MVA Lleyn will help you do this.
- MVA Lleyn are ideal for recipients for those pedigree sheep breeders doing embryo work with any breed.
Members of the society are able to use the on-line sales page to advertise their stock for sale.Â See these adverts [HERE]
You can also advertise 'Sheep Wanted' see details [HERE]
Members contact details can be seen [HERE]
Breeders generate adverts to promote their flocks. These adverts can be found [HERE]Â
- 23rd SeptemberSALE AT BUILTH WELLS (NSA)Forward 93 Rams.10.30amÂ Ring 10 - Hall 2
- 26th SeptemberSALE AT CARLISLEForward 2241 inc. 2119 females & 122 rams.Â 10am
- 3rd OctoberSALE AT SKIPTON
- 13th OctoberPROMOTIONS COMMITTEE MEETING
2019 Handbook Sponsor
2019 Newsletter Sponsor
2019 Photo Competition Sponsor
Â Â Click to see Commercial & Breeders Adverts