Promotions & Communications Officer
The Lleyn Sheep is a maternal breed of sheep which is efficient, uncomplicated,
and adaptable whether registered or commercial and suitable for today's modern farmer.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to deliver and drive one of the most numerous and fastest growing native sheep breeds in the UK and Ireland. You could become the face of the Society, with responsibility for promoting the Lleyn breed to a wider audience.
If you are a creative and self-motivated marketing all-rounder with a flair for website design as well as interaction and promotional skills on Social Media platforms, we’d like to hear from you.
To meet the demands of this challenging role, applicants will have a good knowledge and understanding of the Sheep Industry and wider Agricultural sector.
Working closely with the Society Secretary, you will be a key player in helping the Society to achieve on-going growth and development of our membership.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Effective Marketing Strategy & Promotions Activity
- Developing and Maintaining Social Media Presence
- Society Website
- Supporting the Promotions Committee
- Developing and Supporting the Next Generation Committee
- Supporting the Breed Development Committee
- Handbook & Literature
- Attending Sales and writing Sales reports for members and press.
- Society AGM weekend
- Attending Shows & Events/Society Stand
- Confident, enthusiastic, and highly motivated.
- Excellent planning, time-management, and organisational skills with ability to stick to timetables for delivery of work and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Experience of using social media as a professional communications tool, knowledge of best practice for social media, web content creation and engagement strategies
- Able to express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing, with an ability to adjust tone and content appropriately for different target audiences.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills with the ability to turn information into compelling stories and content.
- Ability to think creatively, offering new ideas, concepts, and solutions.
- Experience working in a marketing/communication environment.
- Design skills, particularly in creating and/or overseeing the design of visually appealing digital and non-digital content; graphics, videos, photography.
- Experience of using analytics and other tools to report on performance of campaigns.
- Experience of producing photographic and video content
- Experience of using software including Microsoft, website CMS systems.
- Organised and able to keep good records for data protection, confidentiality, and financial purposes.
- Familiar with committee protocols for setting agendas and taking minutes.
- Understanding of the aims, objectives, and activities of the society
Although based at home, applicants should have a flexible approach to working hours/days as they will vary in line with the needs of the Society and are expected to equate to an average of 5 days (40 hours) per week. Due to the nature of the role, you will be expected to work at evening and weekend events occasionally. Attending these events is an integral part of the role and applicants must therefore have a valid driving license and be able to provide appropriate transport.
- Remuneration will be subject to experience and qualifications.
- The necessary expenses related to the job will be reimbursed at agreed rates.
- Office equipment required for this role including Mobile, will be provided.
If you consider yourself as having all or some of the relevant skills and would like further information, please contact the Chairman of the Society:
Bethan Vaughan 07870 824585.
To apply please send us a current CV together with a covering letter outlining why you think you’re a suitable candidate for the role and the names of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 20th March.
Download Job Description