2021 Primestock Festival
Entries close: 27th August
Judge: Will Probert, Prime Sheep Auctioneer for RG & RB Williams, Ross on Wye
Class 1. Pen of pure bred Lleyn lambs for the butcher/wholesale
Class 2. Pen of crossbred Lleyn lambs (bred from Lleyn ewes) for the butcher/wholesale
Class 3. Pen of store lambs with Lleyn breeding i.e. pure bred or crossbred.
- Open to any interested party, you do not have to be a member of the Society but you do need to keep Lleyn ewes.
- The aim is to provide some fun and competition for producers whilst promoting the commercial side to Lleyn sheep.
- A maximum of one entry per class, per flock/farm
- Entry is FREE
- You must supply at least 2 photos and up to 6 photos showing a group of lambs which are destined for the butcher/wholesale or store market. Please bear in mind that the photos, if suitable will potentially be shared as part of the Society’s promotion i.e., social media and website. Photos could be taken in the pens at home or at the mart. No people are to be in the photos.
- The following information is to be included with your entry; your name, Society flock number (if applicable if not please indicate non-member), breed/cross, number of lambs in batch, average age, average weight, average price, date they were sold/killed and where they are destined to i.e. which mart, butcher, abattoir etc. If you are not a member of the Society, please ensure appropriate contact details are attached.
- No airbrushing, professional editing or filters allowed.
- It is recommended that you take the photos in the landscape position, try to capture as many different angles/features as possible.
- Entries are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (or WhatsApp 079666 99930) by 27th August.
- The results will be announced after the closing date via the website and social media.
- Each entry will be judged on the photo whilst taking into consideration the age, weight, price achieved, and other information supplied.
- The judges’ decision will be final.
- All first places in the classes will go forward for the championship.
1st prize = £30, 2nd prize = £20, 3rd prize = £10
Overall Champion = £100, Overall Reserve = £50