Lleyn sheep originate from the Lleyn Peninsula in North Wales. Â Until recently they were a relatively unfamiliar breed of sheep in the UK. Â The last 10 years have seen the Lleyn become the fastest growing breed in the UK, and now Lleyn can be found on farms all over the country. Lleyn numbers are now growing rapidly in Southern Ireland too.
Farmers soon find that the Lleyn ewe is an ideal sheep; quiet in nature, prolific with great maternal instincts, milky, and will not eat you out of house and home.
The Lleyn thrives on both lowland and upland grazing. Â Its versatility makes it suitable for many farming systems.
- 22nd - 25th JulyROYAL WELSH SHOW
- 4th AugustWEST COUNTRY BREEDERS CLUB OPEN DAYHolsworthy, Devon
- 10th AugustNORTH & EAST BREEDERS CLUB OPEN DAY, Crookridge, Leeds
- 11th AugustMIDLANDS BREEDERS CLUB OPEN DAYRugby, Warwickshire
- 14th AugustNATIONAL OPEN DAYJCB Farms (pre booking required)
- 18th AugustNORTH WALES BREEDERS CLUB VISITKendal, Cumbria
- 22nd AugustSALE AT EXETER
- 31st AugustSOUTHERN IRELAND BREEDERS CLUB OPEN DAYCastlerea, Roscommon
- 2nd SeptemberSALE AT RUTHIN
- 5th SeptemberSALE AT ROSS ON WYE
- 6th OctoberSOUTH WALES BREEDERS CLUB OPEN DAYTondu, Bridgend
2019 Handbook Sponsor
2019 Newsletter Sponsor
2019 Photo Competition Sponsor
Â Â Click to see Commercial & Breeders Adverts