Performance Measuring and Recording
Flock Performance Measuring and Recording has become very useful tool in the selection of stock. Some breeders do it simply in house whilst others use schemes that are available to help them.
You will see at sales that breeders are now displaying this information alongside their animals on the pens.
The Society Breed Development Committee is always looking at ways to improve this tool to ensure the breeder and the breed is benefiting. In an ideal world we would like every ewe to have two lambs and rear them to more than her own body weight, this is what most of us are striving for.
The FREE ewe performance scheme run by the Lleyn Sheep Society
- A ewe performance scheme to help improve flock efficiency
- Available FREE OF CHARGE to members of the LLEYN SHEEP SOCIETY
- Based on simple weight ratios of lamb weight to ewe weight (weight of lambs divided by weight of ewe)
- LLEYN GOLD grades correlate with commercial performance
- Favours medium sized ewes rearing twins
- Using LLEYN GOLD grades (GOLD, SILVER, BRONZE and UNCLASSIFIED) may help you make more informed decisions about which stock to retain and which to cull.
For more information see LLEYN GOLD
Other Recording Options:
SIGNET: Now have links available that show reports that display the top ranking animals of the performance recording members in the categories ram lamb, shearling ram and stock sires. These links are updated automatically so there is no need to update them. There is also a flock finder, which can search for flocks, ordering them by postcode.
Ram Lamb- https://signetdata.com/breed-summary/lleyn/ramlambs
Shearling Ram- https://signetdata.com/breed-summary/lleyn/shearlings
Stock rams- https://signetdata.com/breed-summary/lleyn/stockrams
Flock finder- this link will show all flocks that are currently recording with signet.
- 20th JulyZOOM ROYAL WELSH SOCIAL GET TOGETHER, 7.30pmContact Heather for details to join
- 21st JulySALE ENTRIES CLOSE FOR EXETER
- 4th AugustSALE ENTRIES CLOSE FOR ROSS, RUTHIN & ROSCOMMON
- 7th AugustGOLDEN ANNIVERSARY SHOW ENTRIES CLOSE
- 11th AugustSALE ENTRIES CLOSE FOR THAINSTONE, BALLYMENA & BRECON
- 18th AugustSALE ENTRIES CLOSE FOR WELSHPOOL & STIRLING
- 25th AugustSALE ENTRIES CLOSE FOR CARLISLE
- 8th SeptemberSALE ENTRIES CLOSE FOR SKIPTON
- 1st OctoberPHOTO COMPETITION ENTRIES CLOSE
- 31st OctoberEWE LAMB REGISTRATION PRICE INCREASE
2020 Handbook Sponsor
2020 Newsletter Sponsor
2020 Photo Competition Sponsor
Click to see Commercial & Breeders Adverts